Bach Flowers Remedies For Dogs - part 2
- This flower essence is most appropriate for animals that believe that they would never be able to meet the standards or those that are beleaguered by expectations. Such animals have a feeling that they are responsible for performing specific roles, but at some level they do not feel that they possess the knowledge and expertise or even the capability to execute them with success.
If you wish you may try this essence on any animal that is generally confident and competent, but is faced with a high tension situation, for instance, bitches having very problematic litters, service dogs that have been given a recent partner or the dogs used for search and rescue operations when they are in a scene of disaster.
- Gentian is a popular Bach flower essence that facilitates in lifting one's mood, especially indolence and gloom, while inducing an optimistic feeling. This essence is useful when life imposes several impediments that we are compelled to fight back in search of motivation to make another try.
You may think about administering Gentian to any dog that has suffered the ordeal of being sent back from any shelter time and again and who is suffering from depression over finding a permanent home. In addition, this essence may also be given to a dog that has lost his companion or beloved owner.
- While Gorse deals with the same issues addressed by Gentian, this Bach flower essence is ideally suited for animals whose hopelessness has gone further by another step. Such animals actually do not have any hope whatsoever and their despondency has made them numb. These animals have become so insensitive that they do not seem to be concerned about their life and death anymore. The hollow gaze in their eyes will help you to understand their feelings.
Gorse may be considered for any dog that has been thrown away by his sole caretaker whom he knows for any reason and has given up all hopes in life.
- A lot of animals have a tendency to show off and remain in the limelight all the time, even to the detriment of spoiling their rapport or association with others. In such situations, the flower essence Heather assists in controlling this type of ego-mania in order that the dog is able to be conscious of the basic fact that any relationship is basically a two-way affair.
You may think about administering this Bach flower essence to a dog that is touching all the time at his owner or barking to draw attention. In effect, this type of dogs may show signs of anxiety related to some kind of parting, but not essentially because he is missing his owner. Actually, the dog is trying to draw the attention of someone or anyone whom he may be craving for.
- Imagine the leaves of holly, an evergreen shrub, that may pinch and poke. Precisely speaking, these are the main problems that the essence of Holly deals with, facilitating in driving out jealously as well as extreme loathing. Another essence, Vine also helps to restrain domination and it is frequently employed in combination with Holly.
You may mull over employing this Bach flower essence for any dog that is bearing feelings of resentment, besides apparently behaving in a manner that is stimulated by some kind of blatant abhorrence or jealousy. In addition, this essence may also be administered to dogs that are mistrustful regarding the latest member in their pack.
- As we all are aware, in our life we have to often make several adjustments, and this flower essence has the aptitude to make transition seem effortless for any animal that is facing problems in adjusting to a new situation - or, may be feeling an attachment with his associates who have been left behind. When you pick the flower of this robust vine and remove its stamen in the appropriate way, you will find a single drop of nectar concealed inside. In fact, this is the basic lesson imparted by honeysuckle - all new associations as well as the stages in life have their own sweetness, provided we are eager to discover it.
You may consider administering Honeysuckle essence to any dog that has been finding it difficult to adjust to any new situation and does not seem to be able to settle in the changed circumstance and may be feeling homesick for all that has been left behind.
- This Bach flower essence actually passes on oomph or a gush of energy that helps any animal to move along following a break or period of recovery. In addition, Hornbeam also deals with mental inactivity - the type of lassitude or indolence that may often result in putting off things and hesitate in following motivating activities.
Think about employing this flower essence for any dog that is unresponsive and rather than taking a stimulating walk would prefer to doze off. It may also administered to a dog who requires perking up following an ailment that has made him weak, for instance, distemper or parvo.
- Impatiens is a popular annual herb that loves to grow in the shade and, as its name suggests, it is used for dealing with impatience. The Bach flower essence helps to improve concentration and helps the animal suffering from edginess to be consistent and not be diverted by any or every small things happening around him.
You may try to administer this flower essence to any dog that is unable to keep his focus on an obedience class or is having problems in hearing the commands of his master, as there might be something else that is further interesting for him to whiff in the area.
- Larch is one essence that helps one to enhance his confidence level. In fact, provided Larch has a video recording, it would certainly be the old rhyme regarding the ant with the rubber plant. This Bach flower essence helps to regurgitate our self-belief regarding our competence to be prepared and face a situation when it is required. In effect, this enables us to stand up and proclaim, 'Yes, I am able to do this'. It provides us with the self-belief to move ahead and put forth our most excellent effort, at no time being in slightest doubt about our capability.
This essence may be given to a dog that is extremely weighed down by absence of confidence and self-worth that he will not even try to do things as he fears that he might fail or commit some error.
- This flower essence has traditionally been used to deal with specific frights - for instance, fear of water, men or being indulged or spoilt from above. Irrespective of the concerns, Mimulus helps the dog to concentrate so that it may overcome this fright.
You may think about administering this Bach flower essence to any dog that is shy as well as terrified about being approached or handled. It may also be given to any dog that has undergone a harrowing experience which has made him frightful of any particular thing.
- Mustard is a Bach flower essence that remedies profound depression - the type that is evident in an all-encompassing gloom with no apparent reason or provocation. Just recall the Christian fable concerning the mustard seed - the manner in which the minutest of all seeds is able to develop into one of the tallest plants - regardless of how impartibly it may appear. Therefore, this flower essence also assures us the same reality - when you place your trust even in the smallest particle of optimism or hope, it will ultimately result to growth as well as regeneration.
You may consider administering this flower essence to a dog that appears to be suffering from an intense depression without any clear cause.
- In the primeval period, the oak tree was considered to represent might as well as toughness. While these are definitely admirable attributes, a drawback of such endurance and fortitude also exists. When any animal is always very strong, it may imply that he may not be able to recognize his weakened condition and, therefore, will not spend any time to rest, heal and recover.
This essence may be considered for administration of a recuperating dog that does not want to remain still, drags the stitches and presses on to go on a walk or to play though he may be close to exhaustion and may possibly collapse finally. Oak may also be used for any dog that does not pay heed to his physical problems and continues to work despite the obvious signals of pain sent by his body.
- This Bach flower essence helps one to rejuvenate, thereby assisting animals that have been driven to their maximum mental or physical limit to bounce back. In fact, this essence is a cure for complete overtiredness.
You may think about employing this Bach flower remedy for any dog that has been performing any task that is very demanding both physically as well as mentally. This type of dog may be engaged in protecting livestock or even looking for a person gone missing.
- The primary reason why most household cleaners possess the fragrance of the pine is that this tree possesses the attribute to cleanse profoundly. Even the essence of this tree possesses the same properties. While Pine deals with the pessimistic sentiment of culpability, it may possibly be difficult to say whether your dog is undergoing this kind of experience at all, rather than fright and surrender.
This Bach flower essence may be administered to a dog whose behaviour may seem to have its origin in a feeling of shame or guilt, or any dog that may possibly be affected by your own negative feelings. You may try giving this essence to puppies, especially those that are housebroken, with a view to find whether they are having any such negative feeling.