Vitamins And Healthy Skin
Posted before Dec-31-2007
If the latest developments in the beauty care industry worldwide are any indications, vitamins are the most potent elements that help to enhance the skin conditions and make it healthier, brighter and restore the youthful radiance. On the other hand, deficiency of vitamins will make the skin listless, blemished and dry. In fact, several researches have established that when some specific vitamins are ingested they have a definite impact on the appearance of the skin, attractiveness and the general wellness among women. Numerous scientists have demonstrated the existence of a robust correlation between ingesting vitamins and the healthiness of the skin. In other words, daily intake of the requisite vitamins either by taking multi-vitamin or consuming fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin and other nutrient content is essential for a healthy living. Actually, the majority of the people usually lack in vitamins, minerals and herbs that are essential for the proper functioning of our body. As a result, they suffer from various physical and mental conditions.
Elma HA Serum
100% natural anti-aging serum great for masking wrinkles and rejuvenating skin.
It needs to be mentioned here that the condition of a person's skin is an indication of what is happening inside his or her body. In effect, all skin conditions, including acne, psoriasis and aging, make the body's internal requirements like its dietary needs. According to the experts, when you nourish your skin both from inside and outside there is no way that you cannot benefit significantly.
Acne keeping you down? Try this 100% natural ointment and change your life forever.
Several imperative new studies have demonstrated the incredible strength of antioxidants on the whole and especially in a number of precise sources of nourishments that are capable of making significant distinction in the appearance as well as the sensitivity of your skin. In addition, the researches have also shown that these antioxidants can even influence the manner in which the skin ages. According to the experts, when you blend the correct dietary supplement with a good diet, it will help to keep your skin healthy and, at the same time, make it appear younger by several years.
Vitamins beneficial for skin nourishment
Several researches have established the fact that different vitamins, such as vitamin C, E, A, K and B complex, aid in improving the health as well as the look of the skin. Here is a brief discussion on the utility of the different vitamins vis-à-vis the wellness of the skin.
Fungus Cure Ointment
All the strength of pharmaceutical fungicides - but without the harsh chemicals.
- Vitamin C
- The capability of vitamin C to counteract the consequences of the skin's exposure to the sun is considered to be among the most significant discoveries in the field of dermatology. It has been found that vitamin C functions by diminishing the harms set off by free radicals, a detrimental derivative of sunlight, smoke as well as pollution. In fact, free radicals demolish collagen and elastin - the fibers that prop up the skin's organization, resulting to formation of wrinkles and other indications of aging.
Hence, it is essential to ensure that your diet comprises lots of foods that are rich in vitamin C. Such foods may include citrus and vegetables that are capable of restoring the vitamin that escaped through your skin. Alternatively, you may also intake vitamin C enhancements ranging between 500 and 1000 milligrams every day. When vitamin C supplements are mixed with vitamin E, the blend is effective in shielding your skin from exposure to sun.
In addition, if you desire to enhance the production of collagen in the body to the level of what it was when you were younger, you may even opt for a vitamin C ointment that can be applied externally. The technique that you need to adopt in this case is to make use of a formulation comprising the L-ascorbic acid variety of vitamin C. It needs to be mentioned here that only the L-ascorbic form of vitamin C has the ability to infiltrate the stratums of the skin and help in stimulating collagen production. In addition to increasing production of collagen, vitamin C also functions as an antioxidant and said to be crucial in healing wounds as it helps in making the collagen stable. In order to make yourself attractive and sustain the look, it is necessary to thwart the emergence of the 'broken blood vessels'. When vitamin C is applied on the surface of the skin, it helps in diminishing the fine lines and wrinkles as well as minimizing the harshness of sunburns.
- Vitamin E
- Several studies have demonstrated that much like the actions of vitamin C, even vitamin E, a very powerful antioxidant, aids in lessening the damaging consequences of the skin's exposure to sun. Findings of different studies that have been published by the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) have shown that intake of 400 units of vitamin E every day seemed to lessen the damages done by sunlight to the skin cells and, at the same time, diminish the manufacture of cells that cause cancer. Again, according to the findings of some other researches, ingesting vitamin E along with vitamin A has helped to reduce basal cell carcinoma by around 70 per cent. It may be mentioned here that the basal cell carcinoma is the most widespread variety of skin cancer.
In addition, vitamin E is also effective in diminishing the emergence of wrinkles making the skin appear smooth and feel sensitive. However, it needs to be underlined here that the findings of some recent studies have cautioned that taking huge dosages of vitamin E can also prove to be detrimental. Hence, if you are taking vitamin C, it is advisable that your daily dosage of vitamin E is confined to 400 international units of the antioxidant to be on the safer side. External application of creams, lotions or serums containing vitamin E helps in soothing desiccated and jagged skin. Applying lotions which contain a blend of vitamin E and C to a great extent helps in shielding your skin from damage by sunlight.
- Vitamin A
- In case your body already contains a satisfactory level of vitamin A owing to the food stuff you consume, there is no reason to believe that enhancing the level will do any additional benefit for your skin. Having said this, it is also important to mention that if the level of vitamin A in your body drops below the normal standard, you will develop certain skin conditions, such as having an arid and peeling skin tone. This is ample indication of the fact that vitamin A is essential for the preservation as well as restoration of the skin tissues, comprising the skin and mucous membranes. When you have a deficiency of vitamin A, you are easily able to tell the difference. Remember, most fruits and vegetables possess loads of vitamin A, a vital ingredient that protects the skin tissues and also helps to put off acne. In addition, vitamin A is effective in decreasing the production of sebum - an oily substance secreted by the sebaceous glands in mammalian skin. Moreover, vitamin A is a very potent antioxidant that helps in eliminating free radicals and other toxins from the body and thereby, diminishing the emergence of fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
When you apply topical vitamin A, you can easily make out the dissimilarity in your skin. Several clinical trials have demonstrated that when you apply creams or lotions containing vitamin A, it not only helps to diminish wrinkles and fine lines on your face, but to a certain extent also offers relief from psoriasis - a chronic skin disease distinguished by dry red patches covered with scales. The prescribed treatment is known as Retin A that is mainly used to cure acne. A lesser powerful variety of Retin A, known as retinol, is available over-the-counter and is used for healing the aging symptoms.
- Vitamin B Complex
- The most important vitamin B for curing skin symptoms is known as biotin - the primary source of nourishment for skin, nail as well as the hair cells. People suffering from biotin deficiency suffer from dermatitis, an itching and flaking skin reaction and, at times, also from hair loss. It is essential that you have sufficient amounts of biotin in your system, for even a slight shortage of the nutrient may lead to the above mentioned symptoms. While the human body produces plenty of biotin, the nutrient is also found in abundance in a number of foods, such as bananas, rice, oatmeal and eggs.
It may be noted here that vitamin B Complex is effective in preserving a healthy complexion of the skin. In addition, vitamin B Complex also helps in alleviating nervousness and pressure. Moreover, this form of B vitamin also fights acne. It is important to mention that vitamin B Complex is essential for nourishing the skin as it helps in blood circulation and also in the metabolic process. Last, but not the least, vitamin B Complex is also vital for the running of the immune system as well as producing antibody in our body.
Application of creams and lotions rich in vitamin B Complex on the skin has numerous benefits. They not only restore the radiance to the skin almost instantaneously, but also hydrate the skin cells and enhance the skin tone in general. When creams containing a particular B vitamin known as niacin are applied on the skin regularly, they help in preserving the skin moisture and make the skin appear chubby and youthful in only six days. Niacin also possesses anti-inflammatory features that help to alleviate arid and itching skin. When used in advanced intensity, niacin functions as an alleviating agent even to blemished skin tone.
- Vitamin K
- This is a vital source of nourishment that helps in blood clotting, but has little or no role inside the skin. Several researches have demonstrated that external application of vitamin K under the eye circles and on bruises effectively heals the problems. When creams or serums that contain a blend of vitamin K and vitamin A are applied on dark circles around the eyes, they perform exceptionally well.